Disability due to leprosy is complex medico social problem which requires comprehensive medical and social intervention. AIFO India believes in providing comprehensive customised care for prevention of disability and disability management.
- Health education, Sensory assessment and MCR footwear to prevent ulcer.
- Training on self-care, ulcer dressing and providing ulcer care kit.
- Reconstructive surgery for deformity correction and Wound debridement surgery for non-healing leprosy wound.
- Advance wound care management with stem cell granules, LASER and alternative therapies.
- Custom footwear for ulcer treatment and to prevent the ulcer further.
- Aids and appliance such splint, crutches, wheelchair to maintain the mobility.
- Training the doctors on reconstructive surgery.