ILEP’S MEMBER ASSOCIATIONS ARE WORKING
TOGETHER FOR A WORLD FREE FROM LEPROSY
Fontilles has a history of over 100 years of services to mankind. Fontilles originated in Spain – is a Member in ILEP since 1969. Its international operations were started with its first project at Harapanahalli in Karnataka, India in 1986.
Current projects in India
Fontilles in India works with local partners. The focus is on people at grassroots level and in most needy places. The location of Fontilles projects in India has been dynamic with emerging collaborations and promotion of successful models.
The projects in India work in one or more of the following themes:
- Leprosy control – new case detection, treatment follow-up, quality improvement including use of monofilaments in diagnosis, smear collection, lab-tests
- Prevention of disability including running footwear units, integrated disability care clinics covering filariasis and other neuropathic disorders
- Promoting self-care through grassroots level health workers and community initiatives
- Stigma reduction: school programmes, community initiatives and IEC
- Strengthening health system
- Socioeconomic and community based rehabilitation
Project locations and partners (in the year 2020)